God disposed man and woman for each other so that they might be "no longer two but one". - Mt 19:6
In this way they are to live in love, be fruitful, and thus become a sign of God himself, who is nothing but overflowing love - CCC 1601-1605
SMV Marriage Requirements
- 9 months prior notice to Pastor - Appointment required
- At least one person must be a registered, practicing member of St. Mary's Visitation
- Pre-nuptiual Application to get married must be filled out.
- Usually three marriage prep counseling sessions with the Pastor
- Diocesan Retreat (strongly recommended)
Catholic Marriages are a sacrament. Learn more by clicking the link above.